The 1.0 release must be better
I really like the idea behind maven. Basically it’s an automated make tool that avoids the lenghthy configuration you can get into with ant. There’s only one problem. It seems to be incredibly buggy.
I tried maven quite a few months ago, but I had trouble even getting it to load dependent libraries over the net. Eventually I got fed up and gave up. Then since I saw the 1.0 release I thought it might be worth another shot. An hour or so later after trying to setup a simple ‘cactus:test’ I couldn’t get past target not defined errors and I just gave up again. Maven just isn’t there yet. You can really tell this when you try to look for help. After 30 minutes on Google I came up with nothing. Nuff trouble, I’ll stick with ant and it’s big configuration files.