Pain With XPlanner Part II
I got really excited that I was finally going to be able to install XPlanner on my XP laptop for work by pulling down the latest source with subversion, 0.7b2. Unfortunately the results have been eerily similar to the first attempt. Essentially I can never add a person to a project, making it well nigh useless to use.
So back to my trusty Mac OS X iBook. After about 90 minutes I got XPlanner 0.6.2 up and running and learned that MySQL has a very nice GUI installer for the Mac these days. The only major change I had to make was to change localhost to 127.0.0.1 in xplanner.properties:
It still feels a bit clunky, but I think it’s usable now that I can add people to tasks. Even though it’s late I feel a lot better getting over the frustrating hurdle.